The IC-A16E air band transceiver has been specifically designed for airside ground crew who provide aviation support. The IC-A16E is easy to operate and ideal for large operations where shift workers may use the radio. The full-featured keypad allows direct input of channels and frequencies.
To complement our growing 8.33kHz range of Airband radios, we are pleased to introduce the IC-A16E 8.33/25 kHz ground to air support radio. The IC-A16E air band transceiver has been specifically designed for airside ground crew who provide aviation support.
The IC-A16E is compact, lightweight and has a high capacity Lithium-Ion battery pack (2400mAh) that can provide up to a typical 17 hours of operation so it can be used all day.
Six watts of transmitting power is built-in, enough to cover the largest of airports and get signals through and around thick walls and metal hangars. It has class-leading 1500 mW loud and powerful audio output to cut through environmental noise. And it’s rugged...and rain-resistant too...enough for the rigours of the aviation market.
The IC-A16E is easy to operate and ideal for large operations where shift workers may use the radio. The full-featured keypad allows direct input of channels and frequencies. 200 Memory channels and eight alphanumeric LCD characters per channel will enable you to allocate specific users a channel on the radio. A low battery indicator and beep alert are also standard features.
Ian Lockyer, Marketing Manager of Icom UK, said, ‘The simple to use IC-A16E is an ideal ground to air radio for airports and airfields. The no-nonsense design will make it a vital communication choice for airport operators.’
8.33/25 kHz Ground to Air Support Radio
The IC-A16E 8.33/25 kHz ground to air support radio complements our growing 8.33kHz range of Airband radios. The IC-A16E air band transceiver has been specifically designed for airside ground crew who provide aviation support.
Major Selling Points
• Designed for ground crew who work in airports, airfield and who provide aviation support
• 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing
• 1500 mW loud audio provides clear communication
• Up to 5 minutes voice recording/playback
• Built-in Bluetooth for Hands-Free Operation
• Large capacity battery pack provides 17 hours* of long battery life
* Typical operation with Tx : Rx (Max.audio) : standby=5:5:90. (Bluetooth OFF)
• 6 W (PEP) RF output power
• Compact, waterproof, durable body (IP67 and MIL-STD-810-G)
• LCD and keypad backlight for night time operation
• Compatible with third-party aviation headsets (Optional OPC-2401 headset adapter is required)
• Auto Noise Limiter (ANL) for noise reduction
• Side Tone function
• Internal VOX capability
• 200 memory channels with 8-character names
• BNC type antenna connector
All prices include UK VAT at the current rate
ALL Countries except those in the United Kingdom do not pay UK VAT.
You are responsible for import duties ( Tarriff Charges) if applicable , Your own countries VAT/Purchase Tax demands and any collection fees for these and any and all other additional fees which may or may not apply.
We accept the following methods of payment
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DEBIT CARD, PAYPAL, AMAZONE PAYMENTS AND BACS
No customer payment details are held on any part of the Flightstore system. We use encrypted PCI Compliant world banking services for your security.
As such existing customers will be able to retrieve their address details but are required to re-enter their payment details each time. Please see the terms and and conditions of Worldpay, Sagepay, Paypal and Amazon for futher clarification if required