Dynon introduces a real, portable attitude indicator that can be used by ALL pilots. The D1 utilizes the same Dynon AHRS technology that has made us the leading supplier of EFIS (Electronic Flight Information Systems) for experimental and light sport aircraft. Unlike smartphone apps, the D1 displays true aircraft attitude.
• Proven Dynon MEMS-based attitude sensors
• Accurate pitch and roll: A true artificial horizon
• Internal Li-Ion battery and GPS for hours of portable use
• Versatile portable mounts: RAM suction mount and 3-1/8”panel hole “pinch” mount both included
• GPS ground speed and track (heading)
• GPS altitude and vertical speed
• Turn rate
• Slip/skid ball
• Dimmable screen for night flight
• Truly pocket sized, approx. 3.63” x 3.26” x 1.16” (92mm x 83mm x 29mm)
The D1 Pocket Panel is a true artificial horizon based on the same technology that drives Dynon’s Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS).
Dynon is a leader in designing and manufacturing MEMS-based AHRS (Attitude Heading Reference Systems) using calibrated solid state gyros and accelerometers. This hardware is combined with an advanced flight dynamics algorithm to accurately determine aircraft true attitude without drift. The D1 can be turned on in flight and it quickly determines true attitude.
A high-quality, highly sensitive GPS receiver is also built into the D1 to provide GPS ground speed, altitude, vertical speed, and ground track for enhanced flight situational awareness.
The D1 Pocket Panel is not a smartphone or tablet app, or a GPS-derived “simulated instrument panel.” Unlike those consumer devices, the D1 is a dedicated avionics instrument. With a real AHRS, and designed and calibrated for in-cockpit use, you can rely on it to give you accurate flight information. It will be on and ready when you need it; it isn’t going to switch away from your attitude indicator to display a calendar reminder! With over four hours of battery life the D1 can be used with no connection to ship’s power. However, a “cigarette lighter” DC vehicle adaptor is included if you want to keep the D1 fully charged at all times, and it can be set to turn on and off with the aircraft’s Battery Master through the DC outlet.
• AC Wall Charger
• DC Vehicle Charger
• Mounting Cradles (two included)
• RAM® Portable Suction Cup Mount
• Portable “Pinch” Mount for Standard 3-1/8” Instrument Hole
• External GPS Antenna (for when the mounting location of the D1 prevents a clear sky view for good satellite reception.)
• Weight 7.1 oz (201g)
• Battery Power Internal Li-Ion Battery
• 4+ Hours Run Time (worst case from full charge.)
• 10-30V DC vehicle power
• USB port for power in
• Warranty: One Year
Be the first to review Dynon D1 Pocket Panel - Portable EFIS. Write a review ›